Ocean City Halloween Parade Canceled for 2020

Ocean City and the Ocean City Exchange Club announced that the Halloween Parade will be canceled for 2020. The 73rd annual event had been scheduled for Oct. 29.

“With N.J. Governor Phil Murphy’s strict prohibition on mass gatherings unlikely to be lifted any time soon and with so much advanced planning necessary for event participants and organizers, making the call now is the only safe decision,” Mayor Jay Gillian said.

“Having enjoyed running this parade for the past 20 years, it’s obviously disappointing not to be able to continue this wonderful community tradition in 2020,” Parade Chairman Jeff Shirk said. “But we also understand it’s better to be cautious in order to protect the health of the thousands of parade spectators, participants, and volunteers. The Exchange Club of Ocean City will look forward to coming back strong next year with the 2021 edition of this highly anticipated family fall event.”

The city is awaiting the release of protocols from the state for safe trick-or-treating on Oct. 31.